University of Illinois Agricultural and Horticultural Publications
Call 1-800-345-6087 or order on the web www.PublicationsPlus.uiuc.edu
It’s a one-stop shop for a current catalog of research-based information (Mastercard and VISA accepted)
- 2007 Illinois Agricultural Pest Management Handbook, p. 357
- Best management recommendations for controlling pests (insects, weeds, and diseases) in field crops, livestock, and vegetable crops.
- Field Crop Scouting Manual (5th edition, 2004)
- Describes with color photos and worksheets: nutrient deficiencies, herbicide injuries, insects, diseases, weeds, and other crop problems.
- Pocket Guide to Soybean Diseases in the Midwestern U.S.
- 24 common soybean diseases are pictured with descriptions of symptoms, time of occurrence, conditions that favor disease, and management planning.
- Field Guide to Corn Diseases
- 50 different diseases and physiological abnormalities are discussed.
Carbon Credits in Illinois Fact Sheet
This new fact sheet focuses on understanding carbon credits available to farmers. Contact your local Extension office for a copy.
Varietal Information Program for Soybeans (VIPS)
The VIPS booklet has regional performance data on 687 varieties from 65 seed companies, based on analysis of samples from 13 test fields throughout Illinois. A copy of the VIPS booklet can downloaded from the website or obtained from the Illinois Soybean Association, 309-663-7692.