Your Make-up and Hair
The reason for cosmetics is to make you look prettier and highlight your best features.
Do learn how to apply makeup properly. It may take practice. Ask a friend to help you or go to a cosmetic counter in a department store for advice. Here are some guidelines:
- Match foundation to skin tone for a natural look. Blend into neck area so that there is no visible line. Foundation should be applied lightly.
- Face powder can also be worn with foundation or worn alone. It smoothes the skin and eliminates facial shine.
- Eye makeup applied to the natural brow line is the most attractive. If you do wear eye make up, match or blend with your natural color.
- Blush should be placed at the highest part of your cheeks and then blended in.
- Wear lipstick to compliment the color of your outfit. But do stay away from extremely dark or bright colors or bright reds and fluorescent colors.
Your hair should complement your face and complexion. Wear a conservative yet attractive style for the interview.
- Style hair so that it is away and out of your face.
- Hair color should not be more than one or two shades darker or lighter than your natural hair color. Unnatural colors (burgundy, green, etc.) must be avoided.