Dress and Presentation Skills for Career Success
The way that you look and the way that you act determines what people think about you. If you smile – people think that you are pleasant, if you wear wrinkled clothing people think that you do not care. How you feel about yourself on the inside should show on the outside. Some of us know this; some of us do not. If we want the outside world to respond to us in a positive way, we must look and act positively.
There are certain skills and actions that you can use to be successful in getting what you want – especially in getting a job. "Looking Your Best for Work" provides detailed information on how to look and act your best. "Looking Your Best for Work" has information on proper clothing choices, grooming, interview tips, positive body language and presentation skills. The goal of this program is to increase your confidence and to help you present yourself.
"Looking Your Best for Work" is divided into seven sections. Timely interview tips and skills on how to present yourself positively are provided throughout.
"Looking Your Best for Work" provides detailed guidelines on appropriate attire, grooming and presentation for individuals seeking employment. The purpose of this website is to increase your self-esteem and confidence as you present yourself to potential employers.
The sections include information on the following:
- Personal and social values as they are related to appearance.
- How values play a role in clothing choices.
- The relationship between appearance and first impressions.
- How clothing and good grooming can improve confidence.
- How to plan the proper attire for an interview.
- Good grooming habits to improve appearance and self-esteem.
- Dressing for positive job performance.
- Positive actions for positive results on the job.