- Place onion separated in rings across bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and cook in microwave 1 to 1½ minutes on high.
- Lay fillets on top of onion. Cover with the picante sauce.
- Cover and cook 3½ to 4 minutes on high.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Recover and cook 1 to 2 minutes on high. Fish should be opaque and register 165ºF in the center of the fillets with a digital kitchen thermometer. If not, cook longer and check temperature again.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension