Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup flour
- 2½ cups diced green chile (roasted and peeled, fresh or frozen.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup finely grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a medium-size saucepan.
- Sauté chopped onion in oil. Add flour and cook for one minute.
- Add chile, chicken broth, chicken and garlic powder. Simmer uncovered for
5 more minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and about ¼ cup cold water until lumps are gone. Add to chile/chicken
mixture and cook 2 more minutes.
- Break tortillas into strips and divide into thirds. Add them to the pan and
cook until they are hot, stirring with a spoon from time to time.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the enchiladas. Cover the pan and cook until the
cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here