- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pierce squash in several places with fork. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Sauté onion and basil in olive oil in medium skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Simmer while preparing
- Cut squash lengthwise, discarding seeds. Remove strands to skillet with fork.
Cook until heated through, tossing gently.
- Note: This recipe can also be prepared in the microwave. To make the squash:
Cut squash in half lengthwise, discarding seeds. Place on dish cut side down.
Cover. Microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes. Let stand several minutes. With fork,
remove strands of spaghetti squash. The dish can be served in the squash shell.
To make the sauce: Sauté onion and basil with olive oil 2 minutes. Add tomatoes,
microwave on HIGH 2½-3 minutes, stirring once.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension