- In a large bowl, combine the two types of cornmeal.
- Slowly add the cold water to the cornmeal mixture, stirring to avoid lumps. Mix well.
- Slowly add the boiling water to the cornmeal mixture, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add the bulghur wheat, raisins and brown sugar, and mix well.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with foil. Pour the batter on top of the foil.
Cover with more foil and bake at 250° for 4 hours. Remove the foil cover and
bake an additional 30 minutes. Cake will be very moist, similar to densely cooked
- Cut cake into 9 squares.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension