- Heat oven to 350°F
- Roast peppers over medium to high heat until skin is blackened and wrinkly (no oil needed)
- Place roasted peppers in a plastic bag to steam. (Leave in bag for 5 minutes.
- While peppers are steaming, mix remaining ingredients together to make a batter
- Remove peppers from the bag and peel blistered skin off
- Make a slit down the pepper lengthwise and remove seeds from the inside of the peppers
- Place cheese inside each pepper and fold flesh over
- Dip each pepper into the batter to cover
- Place the battered peppers into a pan coated with cooking spray. Place in the oven.
- Cook until batter has firmed. Serve hot.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension