Aguadito (Peruvian Chicken Soup)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup minced yellow ají (Peruvian chili pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 1 cube chicken stock (bouillon cube)
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 cup of peas
- 2 cups of rice
- 3 peeled yellow potatoes
- 10 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon each: salt, pepper and cumin
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Roast chicken in a medium hot oven (350°F) oven or heat in a large skillet over stove top for 20 minutes
- Cook until browned on all sides. Remove from heat.
- In a large pot add the onion, garlic and chili
- Wait until it browns, then add the bouillon cube and the cilantro.
- Fry a few minute, then add the peas and red pepper.
- Add water, chicken, rice and potatoes.
- Add salt, cover and cook until the mixture is thick.
- Serve hot.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here