Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1.2 pounds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup onion pearls
- Cut each breast into 1 inch pieces. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat large skillet and add chicken. Cook until golden. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add green pepper, onions, and garlic to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice; cook and stir until rice is opaque, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, white wine, and tomatoes, followed by remaining salt, pepper, and paprika. Return to a boil. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet, and cook about 5 minutes until chicken is reheated.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here