- Combine yeast and water in large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except flour, mixing on medium until blended.
- Mix in flour until soft dough formed.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding additional flour if needed so that dough is not sticky.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape each piece into a loaf and place in two pans. Let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 50 to 69 minutes until crusty and sounds hollow when tapped. Cool before removing from pan.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension