- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat bottom and sides of 8-inch square glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with half of the green chile.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tarter on high until
stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with flour, stirring until smooth. Add egg and blend well.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/milk mixture until well combined. Do not beat.
- Pour half of the egg white and flour mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Place remaining chile on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Pour remaining egg white mixture on top and spread until evenly covered.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops in golden brown and eggs are set and reach
an internal temperature of at least 160°F (about 25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 4 squares.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension