Whole Wheat Apple Cookies
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- ½ cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and spices.
- Stir in sugar, Splenda, oil and applesauce.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here