- Peel, cook and mash the potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes with the peppers, salt and juice from half a lemon.
- Knead until it forms a well mixed paste. If the potatoes don’t stick together well, add a trickle of oil and continue kneading until it sticks.
- In a separate container, season the onion with salt and juice from half a lemon.
- Then shred the chicken and mix it with half the mayonnaise.
- Separate the potato and chili mixture into portions and add the chicken on top of each portion.
- The dish can also be made with multiple layers of the potato mixture with the chicken in the middle, forming a sandwich of chicken inside two layers of potato.
- Decorate the portions with the rest of the mayonnaise, lettuce, olives and parsley.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension