- Cream the margarine and sugars in a food processor or with a hand mixer. Stir in the yogurt.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and cocoa in a medium bowl and add to the butter mixture. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until the batter is uniform.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
- After one hour or when ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the dough into balls about the width of a quarter. Tuck about 5 chocolate chips into the center of each one.
- Please the balls on the baking sheets and bake for 8 minutes.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension