- Brown beef in 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet. Drain excess fat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic to skillet and sauté until tender. Stir in chili powder, tomato sauce and salt.
- Fry tortillas in remaining tablespoon oil until crisp; drain and keep warm.
- Add well-drained pineapple slices to skillet and sauté until heated and tinged brown.
- To assemble, place ¼ cup beef mixture on each tortilla and cover with ½ cup lettuce. Repeat layers.
- Top each stack with a slice of pineapple, ¼ cup cheese and tablespoon sour cream. Serve at once.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension