My First Garden's Statewide Goals
Students will be able to:
- Have the basic vocabulary of plant sciences and their application
to life and work in contemporary society.
- Have a working knowledge of the principles of scientific research
and their application in simple projects.
- Understand the processes, techniques, methods, equipment, and available
technology of science.
- Understand the sensory, formal, technical and expressive quality
- Make and use measurements, including those of area and volume.
- Use mathematical skills to estimate, approximate, and predict outcomes
and to judge reasonableness of results.
- Understand environmental health.
- Perform a variety of complex motor activities.
- Apply the skills and knowledge gained in this study to decision-making
in life situations.
- Read, comprehend, interpret, evaluate and use written material.