Treat your grandchildren to this early colonial recipe for a nutritious dessert or snack.
Pumpkin Pudding - Makes six servings.
- 4 eggs
- 1 one-pound can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup milk
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, and beat with a fork until light yellow.
- Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, molasses, and milk. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the pudding is firm in the middle.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.