In spring, plants are covered with masses of flowersto the point where they hide the foliage. Fine textured foliage in summer.
Full sun to partial shade. Moist, well drained soil is best.
Numerous culitvars are available including:
- 'Crimson Beauty' -bright red flowers.
- 'Emerald Blue'- lavendar blue flowers, compact habit.
- 'Emerald Pink'- pink flowers, compact habit.
- 'Red Wings'- red flowers with a dark red 'eye'.
- 'White Wings'- white flowers.
3 - 9
April - May
Insect Relative Damage
Additional pests and problems that may affect this plant:
This is a slow growing ground cover that could be used in limited areas.