University of Illinois Extension offers practical, research-based
programs that help people improve their lives and address critical
community issues involving children, youth, families, and businesses.
Given the tremendous growth in the number of Spanish-speaking people
in Illinois, U of I Extension is expanding its resources and commitment
to this audience.
University of Illinois Extension offers programs for everyonemen,
women, children, and families.
Mothers, fathers, and new parents can learn:
- How to prepare nutritious meals and snacks.
- How to communicate within the family.
- How to care for children and parenting skills.
- How to stretch the family's income.
- How to use community resources that are available.
Children and teens can learn:
- How to succeed in school.
- Leadership skills including public speaking and record keeping.
- About the world of work and how to get a job.
- Conflict resolution skills. About drug and alcohol abuse, AIDS,
and sex education.
- Fun things like camping, arts and crafts, and enrichment programs.
can learn to:
- Improve communications between the adults and children.
- Play together and enjoy each other.
- Explore business, job and educational opportunities.
- Care for their homes and provide a safe environment for their
Extension programs help caring adults provide support and guidance
to nurturing and building strong families.