Este directorio se encuentra disponible únicamente en Inglés.
Hybrid Bee Delphinium
Delphinium x elatum
USDA Hardiness Zones
3 - 7
June - July
Tall stately plant with finely cut foliage. Exceptional specimen plant.
Moist well-drained soil in full sun location. Heavy feeder needing fertilizer in spring and mid summer.
Numerous cultivars available. Some include:
- 'Blue Lace' 5-6 feet all true blue flowers
- 'Blushing Bride' 4-6 feet tall pink flowers
- 'Green Twist' 4-6 feet tall light green flowers
- 'Innocence' 4-6 feet tall white flowers
- 'Connecticut Yankee Series' 3' mixed colors. Good delphinium for the midwest
- 'Volkerfrieden' 2-3 feet tall blue flowers
- 'Bellemosum' 3' compact blue flowers good for the midwest
D. x elatum are the most spectacular but also the hardest to grow in the Midwest as it prefers cooler summer conditions for best growth. Tends to be short lived (2-3 years). Don't plant to deep.
D. x belladonna is the delphinium of choice for the Midwest as it does better in the heat and is longer lived. Not as spectacular a bloom however.