Insects & Diseases of Raspberries
Avoid insects and disease problems by good pruning, weed control and water management or consult the university Extension office in your area for a list of pesticides recommended for insect pests and disease control in raspberries.
Watch for the following:
- Weak plants, chlorotic leaves indicates viral, fungal, bacterial, nutrient deficiency or herbicide injury.
- Wilting indicates verticillium wilt, phytophthora rot, cane girdling by borers, spur blight, anthracnose, or winter injury.
- Discolored leaves indicate orange rust, herbicide injury, or leaf yellow rust.
- Bronzing indicates mite feeding.
- Swollen crown indicates crown galls. There is no chemical control, and sanitation is recommended.
Links to Raspberry Insect Pests
Links to Raspberry Diseases