Quick Microwave Cranberry Relish
This relish is so quick and easy people will think you spent a lot of time making it, but it is a 15 minute, one bowl, no fail method.
1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
1 12-ounce bag of cranberries
Zest of one orange
1 orange, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
1. Pick over berries and remove the mushy ones. Place cranberries in a colander and wash under cold running water. Allow to drain for a few minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange and zest.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and punch a few holes. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir well and microwave for an additional 10 minutes.
4. There should be some broken berries and some should remain whole surrounded by liquid. All of the sugar should have dissolved and the liquid should be slightly thick. If not, return it to the oven and cook 5 minutes longer. The relish will set as it cools.
5. Transfer to a decorative jar or relish dish and chill.