4. What Did You Say?
- Experiencing hearing loss
- Relating to others
- cotton or disposable ear plugs
What To Do
You can experience what it is like to have a hearing loss by placing cotton in your ears or disposable ear plugs. Turn up the radio loud; then turn the television on with the volume at normal range. Try to determine what is being said on the television. Discuss your feelings as a group or with your project helper.
- Was it difficult to concentrate on the television program?
- Did you hear all or only part of the program?
- Was it frustrating to listen to the program with all that background noise?
- How does this activity help you to relate to older people in real-life situations?