7. Helping People Who Have Physical Limitations
- Discovering ways to help an older person who has physical limitations
- Relating to others; problem solving and decision making
What To Do
You can help people who have trouble performing tasks because they are stiff and can't move around well. List some of the things you can do to help an older person who has limited physical abilities.
- Offer to help the person walk by offering your arm. Don't rush people if they want to complete the task themselves.
Now it's your turn.
- What did you learn about helping people who have physical limitations?
- What activities have you practiced already to make it easier for an older person to perform physical activities?
- How will you act differently in the future as a result of this activity?