Organic crop prices vs. conventional crops are listed at The New Farm Organic Price Report, for example, listed prices for June:
- �In 2007, there were approximately 2.08 million farms in the United States.
- Over 1.12 million youth lived on farms in 2006 with 42 % of youth living in the Midwest region.
- More than half of all household youth performed work or chores on the farm in 2001.
- Only 30% of farm households with children younger than eight years reported having an enclosed, fenced off play area in 2006.
- The National Safety Council’s 2008 edition of Injury Facts ranks agriculture as our nation’s most dangerous industry with 28.7 deaths per 100,000 adult workers.”
Source: The National Children�s Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety (a program of the National Farm Medicine Center, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Marshfield, Wisconsin)