Commercial Agriculture spans a wide range of topics and works to address the needs of various producers. The expertise of our local educational specialists combined with the resources of the statewide Illinois Extension system form a powerful source of information and insight. Looking for an answer to a specific question? Scroll down to see the many resources available including farmdoc and Weekly Update, or contact Russel Higgins (below) or another one of our educators.
Illinois Manure Management Plan
Variety Testing Program
- Illinois Pesticide Review: The Illinois Pesticide Review provides concise information on legislation, regulations, and other developments directly impacting pesticide use in Illinois.
- The Bulletin: Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field
- Weekly Outlook: Published each Monday, addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets
- farmdoc: A very useful center that will help you better manage and operate your farm operation.
- Integrated Pest Management: Resources for managing pests that affect grain crops, fruit and vegetable crops, and school landscapes
- Certified Crop Advisor: Take classes and earn Certified Crop Adviser credit.
- Illinois Statistics from NASS: Commodity production estimates by county