Commercial Agriculture spans a wide range of topics and works to address the needs of various producers. The expertise of our local educational specialists combined with the resources of the statewide Illinois Extension system form a powerful source of information and insight. Looking for an answer to a specific question? Scroll down to see the many resources available including farmdoc and Weekly Update, or contact Russel Higgins (below) or another one of our educators.
- Prevalence of Corn and Soybeans across the Midwest (audio): The farmdoc Daily team has mapped out how corn and soybean acres are distributed through the Midwest, based on crop rotation between the two.
- Commodity Markets Interview (audio): The cash price of soybeans in the Dakota’s has been extraordinary. Todd Gleason asked NDSU Extension Agronomist Frayne Olson why this was the case and what it might mean going forward across the Midwest. Frayne Olson, North Dakota State University Extension
Free Webinar Series in May-June
Illinois Manure Management Plan
Variety Testing Program
- Illinois Pesticide Review: The Illinois Pesticide Review provides concise information on legislation, regulations, and other developments directly impacting pesticide use in Illinois.
- The Bulletin: Weekly bulletins during the growing season, letting you know what problem pests to look for before they reach your field
- Weekly Outlook: Published each Monday, addresses current and prospective developments in crop and livestock markets
- farmdoc: A very useful center that will help you better manage and operate your farm operation.
- Integrated Pest Management: Resources for managing pests that affect grain crops, fruit and vegetable crops, and school landscapes
- Certified Crop Advisor: Take classes and earn Certified Crop Adviser credit.
- Illinois Statistics from NASS: Commodity production estimates by county