1 in 14 kids in Illinois is in 4-H. Through 4-H, youth can travel, have fun, build leadership skills and connect with new friends, mentors and future employers. Get ready to make the best better!
Learn more about existing Piatt County 4-H clubs below. Don't see one in your area? Start your own club! All you need is an adult volunteer and five youth who will meet at least six times a year and explore one or many project areas.
Clubs not your style? Sign up for an afterschool program or attend 4-H summer camp in Monticello. Teachers, add a 4-H curriculum to your classroom. Teenagers, share your skills and become a 4-H Teen Teacher.
Interested? Ready to take the plunge?
Complete this state interest survey to find the 4-H group that's right for you. If you're ready to start a club or get 4-H in your classroom, please fill out this contact form and a 4-H staff member will be in touch.
The 4-H new year begins September 1. Enroll or re-enroll as a member, family, club or volunteer through 4-H Online. Need help? Check out the How to Enroll page. Find all the materials you need for project guides and selection, releases and medical forms, club position books, financial statements, fundraiser and donation documents and more on the Club Resources page.
Cloverbud programs are open to 5 to 7-year-olds. 4-H is open to 8 to 18-year-olds. If you're already a member, explore the links below for more resources.
- Bit O' Luck Cloverbuds: Just for Cloverbuds
- Learn and Lead: Community service and leadership
- Mid-State Marksmen: Air Rifle, Archery or Shotgun, character building and safety. Additional club fees may apply. Must be at least 10 years old by September 1 to participate in Shotgun.
- Prairie Kids: Various project areas of interest. Cloverbuds welcome
- Monticello High School: (Must be enrolled at MHS) Leadership, livestock, various project areas and community service
- Cisco Clovers: Livestock and general project areas, Cloverbuds welcome
Fairs & Shows
July 2 and 3, 2022 | DeWitt County 4-H Fairgrounds
*rain dates August 6 and 7
July 6, 2022 at 5:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. | DeWitt County Fairgrounds
DeWitt, Macon and Piatt Counties Livestock Show and General Project Show
July 8 to 11, 2022 | DeWitt County 4-H Fairgrounds
Illinois State Fair
August 11 to 21, 2022 | Springfield