The Dixon Springs Agricultural Center was established in 1934 on about 5,100 acres of unglaciated Ozark Uplift land near Simpson in Pope County. It is the largest experiment station of its kind east of the Mississippi River. DSAC links the laboratories and classrooms of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois and the United States Department of Agriculture with the farms in southern Illinois. Researchers at DSAC coordinate their programs to meet the needs of area farmers.

To request media interviews or additional information on related research topics, please contact any of these Extension Dixon Springs staff members.