These educational units are ideally suited for elementary aged learners, typically kindergarten through 5th grades.
- Livestock E-Quiz: Quizzes about dairy, beef, horses, sheep, and forages
Energy and Environment
- All-Star River Explorers: Discover the basics of rivers and how they are formed.
- Riding the Winds with Kalani: This weather adventure teaches about temperature, clouds, precipitation, and Earth movement. Spanish, Chinese, and Korean versions available
- Trees are Terrific: Designed to help young children gain an appreciation of trees, observe trees in their every day lives and develop an interest in learning more about trees. Spanish version available
- Weather and Climate Explorer: Collection of external resources on weather, climate, and climate change, searchable by grade level, geographic scale, topic, learning mode, and time to complete.
- Pollution Explorer: Collection of external resources on pollution prevention, searchable by grade level, location, topic, learning mode, and time to complete.
- Nutrient Explorer: Collection of external resources on water quality and nutrient runoff, searchable by grade level, topic, learning mode, and time to complete.
- Best of Friends: Kids and Dogs: This website helps children learn about dogs, the responsibility of caring for dogs and how to be safe around them.
- Adventures of Herman: Squirmin' Herman the Worm teaches students all about worms and how to make their own worm bin in this interactive curriculum.
- Great Plant Escape: Join Detective LePlant and his partners Bud and Sprout as they uncover the mysteries of plant life.
- Let's Talk about Insects: Join C.P. to learn the benefits of insects, their basic anatomy, and what makes an insect an insect. You can even create a new insect!
- Secret Life of Trees: Learn all about the parts of a tree and why trees are important to us!
- Trees Are Terrific: Travel with Pierre as you learn all about how trees are important to us!
Nutrition and Wellness
- Food Fun from Apples to Zucchini: A website to introduce elementary students to 37 different kids of produce -- many they may not know.
- Fresh From the World...Where Your Food Comes From: This site looks at 15 different popular foods and explores their histories and origins to help kids understand that their food comes from all over the world.