Gardening and Landscaping
How to Seed a Cool Season Lawn
Don't seed a cool-season lawn during the dog-days of summer. Waiting until early fall ensures greater success.
Native Landscape Plants
A brochure guide to the characteristics and benefits of selected Illinois plants to help home gardeners choose native plants for site-specific conditions.
Resources for Woodland Owners
Tools to assist, advise, and encourage woodland owners to make informed management decisions for today, tomorrow, and the future.
Get help with plant and insect identification, disease diagnosis, insect, weed and chemical injury, and treatment
Manage Lawn Pests with Fewer Chemicals
A free guide for homeowners on integrated pest management in the home landscape.
Health & Safety
- Illinois Drought Resources: Learn how to deal with heat and drought in Illinois.
- Food Safety After a Power Outages: A downloadable fact sheet covering what to do with perishable foods.
- Prevent Grill Fires: The best way to prevent grill-related injuries is to properly maintain your grill.
- Pesticide Safety Education Program: Pesticide safety training is critical for all who work with pesticides. Online training is available.
- Caring for Storm-Damaged Trees: What to do with trees after severe weather and how to prepare for future disasters.