Being physically active is one of the most important actions that people of all ages can take to improve their health.
To help you MOVE MORE, and learn healthy living tips, University of Illinois Extension has developed a Healthy Trails contest in collaboration with the Quad City Health Initiative and QC Trails.
Now through October 4, we will be posting healthy living signs along popular walking paths. Visit one of these locations to read our signs, do some fun activities on your walk, and then take an online health quiz to be entered into our prize drawings!
Adult winners can choose between a pressure cooker, a blender or an air fryer to assist in the creation of healthy meals! Youth winners will receive a fitness tracker to encourage their active lifestyle. Winners will be notified by the end of the day October 9th. Good luck and have fun!
Visit our Healthy Trails to participate:
• Sept 3 - 7: Hennepin Canal, Milan/ Big Island at Lock 31 Visit our pollinator garden there too!
• Sept. 8- 13, Ben Butterworth Parkway, Moline, IL across from WIU
• September 14 - 20, Aledo Bicycle Path, Aledo, IL near McDonalds
• Sept. 21 -27, Galva Park District, SE 6th Street, Galva, IL
• September 28 - October 4, Sunset Marina, Rock Island, IL near the 18th Ave entrance
Once you visit the trails, take the quiz to be entered into our drawing!
Take the Healthy Trails Quiz here