Kids are more likely to try a new food when they have cooked it themselves. And this fun, interactive class will have them asking to help in the kitchen.
Youth, ages 8-14, will learn valuable nutrition tips, kitchen safety, and farm to table concepts. Basic cooking skills include measuring, chopping, blending, simmering, and so much more.
We're excited this year to introduce Kris Juelfs, a local dietitian, who will be leading the class, as well as we'll welcome back some of our favorite instructors.
We offer a Food Challenge class for youth ages 11-14. These more experienced chefs will learn a broader range of techniques and test their skills on more complex recipes.
We are requesting that the Parent Consent forms, as well as payment, be completed and returned to the Extension office at least 10 days before class starts.
They can be returned by mail: PO Box 117, Waterloo, IL 62298
By email: email@example.com
Dropped off at the office during normal business hours: M-F 8 am - 4:30 pm (closed for lunch Noon-1 pm)
Or placed in the secure drop box next to the front door of the Waterloo Annex: 901 Illinois Ave., Waterloo. This box is available anytime for your after-hours convenience.
View Parent Consent Forms
Participants will be required to wear a face covering and follow current safety guidelines.
To register, please select the session at your desired location.
- Waterloo: June 7-10, 8:30 - 11:30 am - Session is FULL
- Waterloo: June 7-10, 12:30 - 3:30 pm - Session is FULL
- Columbia: June 14-17, 8:30 - 11:30 am - Session is FULL
- Columbia: June 14-17, 12:30 - 3:30 pm - Session is FULL
- Waterloo Food Challenge (AGES 11-14): June 21-24, 8:30 - 11:30 am - Session is FULL
- Waterloo Food Challenge (AGES 11-14): June 21-24, 12:30 - 3:30 pm - Session is FULL
- Belleville: June 28 - July 1, 8:30-11:30 am - Session is FULL
- Waterloo: July 6-9, 8:30 - 11:30 am - Session is FULL
- Waterloo: July 6-9, 12:30 - 3:30 pm - Session is FULL
- Edwardsville: July 12-15, 8:30 - 11:30 am - Session is FULL
Waterloo classes will be held at the Immanuel Lutheran Church
Columbia classes will be held at the St. Paul Lutheran Church
Belleville class will be held at The Turkey Hill Grange
Edwardsville class will be held at the Madison County Farm Bureau