Illinois Extension educators have curated a collection of resources related to the legislation, production, and harvesting of industrial hemp.
- Industrial Hemp Rules, Regulations, and Applications: Illinois Department of Agriculture
- New Era for Hemp in Illinois (pdf)
- Industrial Hemp Buyer/Seller Form
- Industrial Hemp Buyer/Seller List
While not an exhaustive list, the following resources represent some of the most current and relevant information about diseases and pests specific to industrial hemp.
- University of Illinois Plant Clinic: Accepting samples for disease identification on industrial hemp (fiber and grain only). Only HAND DELIVERED samples will be accepted. Please contact Plant Clinic prior to sample delivery.
- Hemp Insects and Pests: Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance
- Hemp Insects Website: Colorado State University
- Hemp Diseases: Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance
- Hemp Pest News: University of Kentucky
There are many great resources regarding industrial hemp production, including those featured in this collection.
- Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance- Hemp Production Guide
- Cornell University- Industrial Hemp From Seed to Market
- Economic Considerations for Growing Industrial Hemp- 2013
- Industrial Hemp Herbicide Carryover
- Illinois Agronomy Handbook
- Purdue University- Hemp Project
- Soil Testing Facilities- Additional Labs Include: Situ Bioscience, Soil Control Labs, and TekLab
- University of Kentucky- Hemp Production Reports
- University of Kentucky- Introduction to Industrial Hemp
- Industrial Hemp Basics
- Industrial Hemp Grain and Fiber
- Industrial Hemp CBD
- Applications for Industrial Hemp
The varieties listed below are meant to be a starting point for producers in Illinois. These varieties have NOT been officially approved by the state of Illinois but have been shown to test below the 0.3% delta-9 THC required by the state. Producers should still remain cautious of seed sales and are encouraged to obtain a Certificate of Analysis (COA) prior to seed or transplant purchases.
There were several excellent presentations shared at the Industrial Hemp Production Workshop in March, 2019, including many of the presentations listed below.
- Industrial Hemp Production Workshop Welcome and Introduction: Moderator: Phillip Alberti, Commercial Agriculture Educator
- Small Business Development: Industrial Hemp: Presented by Stacy McCaskill, Director, Illinois Small Businesses Development Center
- An Introduction to Hemp in Illinois: Presented by Chris Berry, Illinois Hemp Growers Association
- 2018 Farm Bill Provisions and Impact on Hemp in Illinois: Presented by Taylor Shuck, Illinois Hemp Industries Association
- Regional Legislative and Production Overview of Hemp: Presented by Rob Davies, Illinois Farmers Union
- Industrial Hemp Grain Production: Presented by Bryan Parr, Legacy Hemp
- Industrial Hemp Grain and CBD Production: Presented by Steve Tomlins, Turtle Creek Gardens
- Industrial Hemp Production Q&A