Let's Get Gardening
Gardening is a great way to keep yourself busy this winter.
Our Illinois 4-H Story: Telling the stories of Illinois 4-H members, volunteers, and alumni.
Connection Corner: Timely information, activities, and resources to help you stay connected to loved ones, the world around you, and yourself.
- Acres of Knowledge: All issues concerning Small Farms, Agriculture, Local Food Systems, and Natural Resources.
- The Ag Engineering Update: The latest and greatest from your livestock engineers.
- Around the County: Frequent information updates for agricultural audiences.
- The Cattle Blog: Beef production tips and livestock industry updates.
- The Cattle Connection: The cattlemen's connection to timely topics, current research, and profitable management strategies.
- Hill and Furrow: Insights into agronomic research, trends, and events.
- Straight Stalk: Current crop information updates and research highlights.
Community and Economic Development Blogs
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities: Strategies for strengthening local economies.
- Campus Engagement in Our Unit: SERVICE and LEARNING provides the greatest potential to influence student development academically and socially.
Consumer Economics Blogs
- Be Centsible: Written by college students, for college students. Be Centsible features answers to personal finance questions.
- Fearless Financial Future: Research-based financial information to help us develop and maintain thoughtful and effective financial behaviors.
- Plan Well, Retire Well: Saving and investing your money.
- Community Health: Education, Prevention and Inspiration: Empowering people to make healthy, respectful, and responsible choices.
- Family Files: Facts for all ages.
- News and highlights for IEAFCS Members: Get the latest information from Illinois Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Refill Your Cup with Self-Care: Genuine, sustained self-care is an art.
- Salud y Familia: Resources in Spanish.
- Chicago Urban Gardening: The day to day experiences of an Illinois Extension Urban Horticulture Educator in Chicago.
- Connecting to Our Food Web: Dedicated to educational resources towards building and sustaining viable food webs and ecosystems.
- Flowers, Fruits, and Frass: Local and statewide information on a variety of current topics for home gardeners and market growers.
- The Garden Scoop: Featuring seasonal tips and tricks from the horticulture team at Illinois Extension.
- Good Growing: Keeping you growing with good ideas.
- The Humble Gardener: At University of Illinois Extension, our volunteers are at our core. Hear their voice on this volunteer driven blog.
- ILRiverHort: Helping new and experienced gardeners develop their skills and knowledge while encouraging everyone to enjoy the outdoors.
- Know How, Know More: Connecting you with your food, farmers and community.
- Naturalist Notebook: Reviews and journal entries inspired by nature in West Central Illinois.
- Northwest Illinois Hort Corner: In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- Over the Garden Fence: Where gardeners come to find out what's happening out in the yard.
- Prairie to Perennials: An almanac of all things that grow in Lincoln's backyard.
- Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat: A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- Naturalist News: Share your passion for nature and learn ways to protect our natural world.
- All About Weather: Learn more about the weather with Duane Friend.
Local Foods and Small Farms Blogs
- Cultivate Cook County: Explore initiatives ramping up local food production in the second-most populous county in the U.S.
- Local Foods | Local Farms | Local People
Nutrition and Wellness Blogs
- Live Well. Eat Well: Healthy nutrition information for better living.
- Be Smart, Eat Well, Get Healthy: Nutrition information you can use.
- Healthy Eats and Repeat: Highlighting food, recipes, and ideas for a healthy lifestyle.
- Illinois Nutrition Edition: Emerging health information and fun, seasonal recipes from a source you can trust.
- The Nutrition Nosh: Nutrition and Wellness information and recipes to make life healthier!
- Simply Nutritious, Quick and Delicious: Helpful tips to make meals easy, healthy and tasty!
- Turnip the Beet! Nutrition and Wellness: Timely news, information, and innovative ideas to promote health and influence change.