We all learn differently.
When we learn new things, we gain confidence, keep our brain function active and healthy, and feel happier throughout life's journeys. Regardless of where you live and how you like to learn, Extension has dozens of opportunities each day. In fact, we offer more than 400 learning programs a week, both in person and online.
Why this? Why now?
- Learning opens new doors to better jobs, better communities, and better families.
- Learning provides social interaction to curb loneliness and isolation.
- Learning motivates new ideas, new skills, and new adventures.
- Learning works the brain throughout the aging cycle.
- Learning expands dream power, allowing you to see new possibilities.
- Learning helps you be able to help others.
So many ways to learn with Extension
Anyway you like to learn, you can find it at Illinois Extension
- Online courses: Become a Master Gardener, earn Certified Crop Advisor credits, practice for your pesticide applicator's test.
- Blogs: Read the latest: From gardening to managing finances, from preserving to raising beef cattle, from parenting to staying healthy, we have you covered.
- Videos: Why read when you can watch! Choose from hundreds of short how-to videos to in-depth instructional videos.
- Podcasts: Learn while you're doing other things. Extension offers podcasts covering personal finances, nutrient loss, and gardening.
- Newsletters: Dig deeper into the topics you care about. Sign up for e-newsletter delivered to your inbox or read the latest issue online anytime.
- Publications: Extension offers rich agricultural and horticultural publications that can help guide your management decisions.