The Illinois Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (IEAFCS) educates and recognizes Extension professionals who improve the quality of life for Illinois individuals, families, and communities in the areas of:
The Illinois Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences promotes professional growth, camaraderie and pride for Extension professionals who empower individuals, families, and communities with critical life skills.
IEAFCS holds regular membership meetings each year. Additional meetings are determined by the Board. Members are encouraged to actively participate in Association activities and consider serving on the Association Board. Both membership and board meeting minutes are available to read.
- Monthly eCommunication is sent to members via email to provide updates on upcoming meetings, professional development opportunities, important information from NEAFCS, and more.
- Journal of NEAFCS is NEAFCS' annual, referred journal of FCS research and program evaluation.
- eNEAFCS is a monthly online newsletter available to all members.
- President: Karla Belzer
- President-Elect: Susan Glassman
- Immediate Past President: Jenna Smith
- Secretary: Michelle Fombelle
- Treasurer: Camaya Wallace Bechard
- VP of Awards and Recognition: Kristin Bogdonas
- VP of Public Affairs: Mary Liz Wright
- VP of Member Services: Lisa Peterson
- Awards and Recognition Committee: Kristin Bogdonas
- Membership/Recruitment Committee: Lisa Peterson
- Communications/Website Committee: Michelle Fombelle
- Audit Committee: Jenna Smith
IEAFCS is a professional association serving the needs of Family and Consumer Sciences staff at University of Illinois Extension. Read about member benefits, due costs, and more from the IEAFCS Membership Booklet.
For additional information about NEAFCS, visit our national organization's website at neafcs.org.