Family Financial Feuds
Let's Talk Money Webinar Series
Get Savvy: Grow Your Green Stuff - Free Webinars
Plan Well, Retire Well
All My Money
Personal Finance Now!
- More for Your Money: This interactive site teaches basic money management principles.
- Credit Card Smarts: Up-to-date advice about credit card topics including managing debt.
- Getting Through Tough Financial Times: Resources for helping families during tough economic times.
- Family Financial Feuds: Family Financial Feud is a podcast that addresses common financial topics that often inspire disagreements within families, including credit scores, money personalities, and financial goals.
Planning for the Future
- Choosing a Financial Professional: Do you need help developing strategies to reach your financial goals? This website can help.
- Long-Term Care: Talking, Deciding, Taking Action: Long-term care includes social, emotional, physical, financial, housing, and medical support and assistance throughout the aging process. We've selected four, interrelated areas of long-term care to highlight in this website.
Young Adults and College Students
- Get Savvy: Grow Your Green Stuff Webinars: These webinars inform, educate and empower students and young adults to take action and own their financial well-being. These free webinars are designed for college students.
- Financial Planning for Young Adults: An introduction to basic financial planning concepts for young adults, using eight modules to cover critical topics like financial goal setting, saving and investing, budgeting, financial risk, borrowing, and managing personal credit.
Volunteer and Training Programs
- Financial Wellness: The Financial Wellness program aims to help University of Illinois students learn to manage their money effectively and make wise financial decisions.
- All My Money: The All My Money: Change for the Better curriculum is a train-the-trainer financial management program for persons working with limited-resource audiences. Designed for agency staff, social workers and other educators to teach financial literacy topics.
Let's Talk Money
Week 1 - Who Am I With Money - Values Activity
Who Am I With Money - Recorded Webinar
Week 2 - Borrowing - Recorded Webinar
Week 3 - Unequal Access to Credit - Recorded Webinar
Week 4 - Best Debt Repayment Strategy - Recorded Webinar
Week 5 - Credit Secrets Revealed - Recorded Webinar
Week 6 - Best Kept Secrets for Financial Success - Recorded Webinar
Week 7 - Facing Financial Fears - Recorded Webinar
Week 8 - Make Your Savings Grow - Recorded Webinar
Summer 2020 Let's Talk Money Webinar Series YouTube Playlist
How to Save Money on Food
Fearless Financial Future: Research-based financial information to help us develop and maintain thoughtful and effective financial behaviors.
Plan Well, Retire Well: Saving and investing your money.
Let's Talk Money | Free Webinar Series
About the series:
Let's Talk Money is a free, online 8-week series to help you talk with family, friends, and financial professionals about money. Many times, lack of financial knowledge and uneasiness of discussing sensitive issues keep people from having crucial conversations to improve the financial health of their family. University of Illinois Extension consumer economics professionals will provide sound financial education which will lead you to make more informed choices during each one-hour webinar. Presenters include Kathy Sweedler, Sasha Grabenstetter, and Camaya Wallace Bechard.
WHO ARE YOU WITH MONEY | February 2, 2021 | 6:30 PM
The first step to taking control of your money is matching your values and goals to your financial decision-making. In this interactive workshop, assess who you are with money, and where you want to be in the future.
HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH DEBT | February 9, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Deciding when and how much credit to use depends on the financial situation. Discover different scenarios when you might use credit, and learn options for borrowing money from creditors.
FAIR ACCESS TO CREDIT | February 16, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Not all individuals and families have the same access to credit. While consumer laws offer protection from discrimination, this problem still affects many consumers. In this webinar, we will explore some of the challenges of obtaining credit as well as unfair lending practices that create barriers to accessing mainstream credit market.
DEBT REPAYMENT STRATEGIES |February 23, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Repaying debt is challenging in the best of situations, and today's economic situation makes it more difficult. Learn tried and true strategies for prioritizing debt repayment, and paying it down effectively. Explore options for student loan repayment too.
CREDIT SCORES REVEALED | March 2, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Why is credit such a mystery? What's the difference between a credit score, credit report, and credit history? Learn this and more!
SECRETS FOR FINANCIAL SUCCESS | March 9, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Money comes in. Money goes out. Do you have money left for your important goals and wants? Learn the secrets of directing your money to where you want it to go.
FRAMING BIASES, OVERCOMING HURDLES | March 16, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Our financial fears and personal biases can hold us back from making wise financial decisions. Learn how to overcome poor spending choices by using behavioral economics techniques.
MAKE YOUR SAVINGS GROW | March 23, 2021 | 6:30 PM
Do you feel alone in your struggle to save? Financial experts have emphasized the importance of saving for unexpected events and long-term financial goals. However, people at different income levels encounter challenges with saving. This webinar addresses this issue and provides practical ways to help you grow and maintain healthy saving behaviors.