Welcome to the season of back-to-school!
Back-to-school costs add up quickly for both young children's and young adults' education. Costs go beyond tuition to books and supplies, clothes, extra-curricular activities, and more. Illinois Extension's educators have resources to help you manage these expenses.
Explore this website and attend Illinois Extension workshops. Many workshops are featured as live online webinars as well as in-person. Join our mailing list to be notified of upcoming workshops.
Heads Up: Student Loan Repayments Due Soon
Repayment of federal student loans starts September 1, 2023! After several years of pause, it's time to create (or recreate) your student loan repayment plan.
- Make sure you know which loan servicer is yours.
- Update your contact information in your profile on your loan servicer’s website and in your StudentAid.gov account.
Back-to-School: A Teaching Opportunity
Comparison Shop School Supplies
Budget to Keep College Costs Down
Launching Young Adults
Webinar Series for Young Adults
The Get Savvy webinar series is designed to empower you with the knowledge and skills to enhance your financial well-being. Join us for a comprehensive lineup covering a range of topics that are essential for managing your finances in today's world, like:
- Cash at College | August 16, 2023
- Read Before You Sign: Renting & Leasing | September 6, 2023
- Spooked by Spending Plans? | October 11, 2023
- Don't Get Phished: Avoid Scams & Fraud | November 8, 2023
- Your Financial Tool Chest | December 6, 2023
Financial education and coaching can make a huge difference in people’s lives. Money Mentors volunteers offer unbiased resources and quality information at key, timely moments. Illinois Extension educators provide research-based training to volunteers who want to help others with their personal finances. We'll give you all the training you need to make a difference in the financial health of your neighbors.