Resources for professionals and other educational webinars
Summer Self-care Series
- Long-Term Care: Learn about planning for and managing long-term care needs.
- Caregiving Resources: Learn about resources available for caregivers.
- Stories from Your Past: Legacy for Your Future
- Brain Health Resources: Brain health resources across the lifespan
Child Development and Parenting
- Just in Time Parenting: A free parenting newsletter that is delivered by email and specific to a child’s age and needs.
- Parenting Again: A newsletter focused on grandparents raising their grandchildren.
- Brain Health for kids: Brain health resources across the lifespan
- Walk in My Shoes: Learn what it feels like to be older and what happens to our bodies as we age.
Communication & Connections
- Keeping in Touch While Distancing - Infographic - Blog
- Staying in touch at a distance - Infographic - Blog
- Stain Solutions: This comprehensive site will help you conquer nearly any stain, including the supplies you will need and the preferred method for safely remove the stain.
- Dealing with Clutter: Are you overwhelmed with clutter? This website helps you deal with the many barriers to getting organized.
- How to Dispose of Unwanted Medicine: Learn how to safely dispose of unwanted medicine and personal care products.
- Take Action on Radon: Radon is an invisible, odorless, tasteless radioactive gas that is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- Healthy Indoor Air: The Healthy Indoor Air web site will help you identify and prevent air quality problems and will give you the necessary solutions.
- Winter Storm Resource Center: Links to the information you need to cope with severe winter weather.
Managing Stress and Increasing Resiliency
- Learning at home during trying times - Blog
- Helping Children Cope in Times of Stress - Fact Sheet - Video
- Helping Teens Deal with Stress - Tip Sheet
- Helping Teenagers Deal with Disappointment - Blog
- Work Smart from Home - Infographic - Blog
Self Care and Wellness
- Stress Management Resources
- How to Care for yourself while caring for others - Tip Sheet - Blog
- Journal Your Way to a Grateful Heart - Blog
- Ten Tips to Stay Active at Home - Tip Sheet - Tip Sheet, Spanish - Video
- Importance of Rituals and Routines During Time of Stress - Tip Sheet
Social Emotional Health
Additional Tips for Healthy Families
- Coping with Finances During Trying Times - Tip sheet - Blog
- What to do with $1200 - Tip Sheet - Blog
- Shopping for Groceries Online - Blog
- Handwashing with soap and sanitizer - Video
- How to Make Your Own Bleach Sanitizer - Tip Sheet - Tip Sheet, Spanish - Video
- Cooking with Children - Tip Sheet
- Creative Ways to Use Leftovers - Tip Sheet
- How to Build an Emergency Food Supply - Tip Sheet - Tip Sheet, Spanish
- Stocking Up on Food: 30 Days of Food Rescue - Toolkit
- Food Safety and Pet Safety Q & A - USDA
- Information for Travelers - CDC
- Guidelines if you need to Quarantine - Champaign- Urbana Public Health Department
- Emergency Supply List - FEMA
Resources for Professionals
Community Health: Education, Prevention and Inspiration: Empowering people to make healthy, respectful and responsible choices.
Family Files: Facts for all ages.
Refill Your Cup with Self-Care: Genuine, sustained self-care is an art.
Teachable moments come in all shapes and sizes. Now, when those unexpected moments occur, parents and educators can rely on the new Terrific Teachable Moments mobile app to help them take advantage in convenient and meaningful ways.
Terrific Teachable Moments is a simple, activity-based teaching resource developed by University of Illinois Extension. Now available as an app on both Android ™ and IOS™ smart devices, the program allows teachers, parents, and youth mentors to provide simple, hands-on learning experiences designed to help kids of all ages develop emotional awareness and make positive character choices. The versatile learning tool can be used both at home and in classroom settings to reinforce behaviors such as helping others, honesty, compassion, problem-solving, and self-control.