Superior Young Producer Scholarship Program: The program is sponsored by the Illinois State Fair. Three $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year in dairy; and nine scholarships are distributed among beef, sheep and swine project members. Contests are held during the Illinois State Fair. Members must compete in 3 to 4 individual segments that include: management test, skill-a-thon, judging contest, and/or meat identification or testing. Contestants must be 14 - 18 years of age to compete.
- Combined Beef/Sheep/Swine: August 10, 2022
- Dairy: August 20, 2022
GUIDELINES FOR 2022 CONTEST
- The SYPA contest is open to any youth 14 years of age or older (on Jan. 1, 2022) who are current Illinois 4-H members who are enrolled in that project.
- Participants do not have to be exhibiting animals at the Illinois State Fair in order to participate in the SYPA contest.
- Entries are requested prior to the State Fair Junior Shows and available at the Illinois State Fair website.
- A participant may receive only one scholarship throughout their career. Further, after receiving a scholarship in any of the specie award areas, the eligible 4-H member may participate in other specie award programs in following years but will be eligible to receive phase awards only.
- In order to receive a scholarship, the 4-H post-secondary trade school, or advanced educational program.
- Scholarship monies are paid directly by the Illinois 4-H Foundation to the institution where the student is enrolled.