4-H in Bureau County
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Find a club near you in Bureau County.
Follow us on our Bureau County 4-H Facebook page.
Summer Programs for Youth -We will offer programs in Bureau, LaSalle, Marshall & Putnam Counties this summer, free of charge, and full of fun! Registration is encouraged, but not required unless otherwise noted. Please contact Beth Dellatori at firstname.lastname@example.org or the facility hosting the program to register. The four one hour programs being offered are:
- DIY Birdfeeder - This session will teach youth how to build their own birdfeeder out of popsicle sticks, glue, and string. Bird seed is included!
- Binary Jewelry - During this session youth will learn about binary code that is used in computer programming. They will learn to write their name and use beads to make a necklace or bracelet in binary code.
- Seed Bombs - During this session youth will learn about the importance of wildflowers and pollinators and then make their own seed bombs to grow beautiful, native wildflowers.
- Blow and Bubble Painting - During this time, youth will paint unique art projects with bubbles and straws.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
Fairs and Shows
Dog Obedience Training Sessions
Do Your Own Thing Project Sheet
Awards - State: Visit the Illinois 4-H website for 4-H member and club awards available at the state level
- 4-H Club Recognition
- Illinois 4-H Experience Award for Individuals
- Illinois 4-H Veterinary Science Award
- Holstein-Friesian Association Award
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
- Illinois 4-H Leadership, Citizenship, Professionalism (LCP) Award
- Illinois 4-H Key Award
- Illinois 4-H State Award
Club Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Meetings tab
- Checklist for Club Officers
- Club Meeting Agenda Template
- Club Treasurer Book
- Club Secretary Book
- Tips for Good Meetings
- Club Fundraising Request Form (click on Fiscal tab)
- and more
Enrollment Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Enrollment tab
- Agreement to Assume Risk form (also in Spanish)
- Annual Code of Conduct Form (also in Spanish)
- Member Emergency Medical Form (also in Spanish)
- Member & Volunteer Photo, Audio, & Video Permission Form (also in Spanish)
Project Resources: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Project Record Sheets
- Livestock Records
- Crops Records
- Activities Planning Record
- Project Plans for various age groups
- and more
Project Resources: Livestock Projects
- Quality Assurance & Ethics training - to be completed, online, one time for 4-H members exhibiting dogs, cats, rabbits, poultry and horse projects
- Youth for Quality Care for Animals training - to be completed, online or in-person, annually for 4-H members exhibiting beef, sheep, swine, goats and dairy projects
in-person trainings are available during the late spring and early summer months and include a $3 fee
online training is available year-round and includes a $12 fee yqcaprogram.org/
- Required Trainings: Child Protection (ANCRA) and Overnight Chaperone
- Recommended Volunteer Trainings: Volunteer Orientation, Public Presentations, Parliamentary Procedures, Club Program Planning and many more
Newsletters & Upcoming Events
Enchanting Experiences of 4-H Camp - June 23, 2023 9 AM - Noon
Dog Obedience Training Sessions - multiple dates
May 2022 Newsletter
March 2022 Newsletter
January 2022 Newsletter
November 2021 Newsletter
May 2021 Newsletter
February 2021 Newsletter