Types of Energy
Renewable energy is perpetual.
Renewable energy is inexhaustible. It does have storage limitations and some types are not available 24/7.
- Wind and solar are the fastest-growing renewable sources, but they provide just 3.8% of total energy used in the U.S. (University of Michigan Center for Sustainable Systems)
- Renewable energy sources account for about 17% of energy generated in 2019. (U.S. Energy Information Administration)
- About 80% of the nation's energy comes from fossil fuels, 8.5% from nuclear, and 11.5% from renewable sources.
Types of Renewable Energy
- Biomass, including biofuels, generated from plant and animal sources
- Water or Hydropower
- Geothermal generated from the earth's heat
Information provided by Safe Electricity