4810 North Sheridan Rd Peoria IL 61614-5928
As a SNAP-Education Extension Educator through Illinois Nutrition Education Programs ( INEP) serving Fulton, Mason, Peoria and Tazewell Counties, Kaitlyn provides evidence-based nutrition and physical activity education to low resource families in a variety of community settings. SNAP-Ed evidenced-based programs focus on nutrition education and obesity prevention through promoting behavior change. Kaitlyn works to provide professional development opportunities and hand-on assistance with policy and system change. Kaitlyn works in collaboration with local partners such as food pantries, schools, child care programs and other community agencies in an effort to build healthier communities.
Kaitlyn received her Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health from University of Illinois. Following her undergraduate degree Kaitlyn earner a Masters of Science degree in Kinesiology at Southern Illinois, Edwardsville and a Graduate Certificate in Community Health Education from the University of Illinois. Kaitlyn is also a Certified Health Education Specialist.
Recent Media Coverage
- Tray Waste Study Leads to Improvements in Lunchroom Processes At Beverly Manor Jr. High
- SNAP-Education Staff Present at National Child Nutrition Conference
- SNAP-Ed Teams Up to Provide Produce Bundles to Food Insecure Families
- Local coalition works with food pantries and food banks to increase healthy food inventory
- SNAP-Education works with community partners to increase healthy options at food pantries
- Join Food Pantry Network - Heart of Illinois in giving back this holiday season through the 12 Days of Giving