What you NEED to know:
The 2019-2020 horse & pony project has the following requirements:
1. April 10 Enrolled in “4HOnline” with “Horse” project
2. May 1 Green sheets, permission to participate
3. June 14 Fair Enrollment is due online in “Fair Entry”
4. June 14 Must have taken Ethics at least ONE time in 4-H career- http://web.extension.illinois.edu/qaec/
5. May – June Attend a minimum of one (1) week night warm-up with at least one (1) green sheeted horse OR produce photo/video proof of horse show participation with a show bill signed by a show manager with one (1) green sheeted horse.
MCHENRY COUNTY 4-H HORSEMASTER AWARD
What is Horsemaster?
Horsemaster is a special award given to one junior and one senior horse project member who have shown the most interest and enthusiasm through their participation in all aspects of the horse project. Horsemasters are recognized on 4-H Night during the fair, and presented with an award. Horsemasters will also serve as the horse show color guard on show day. You do not need a horse to participate. Some dates below are TBD (to be determined). For competitions, please see the 2020 Horse Project Packet and the supplemental state contest information sheet for contest details
For State Horse Events: visit the state website