McHenry County 4-H Resources
- Learn about all the different projects 4-H has to offer with the Illinois 4-H Project Selection Guide. Projects are organized into eight larger areas: animal sciences, career and leadership development, civic engagement, creative arts, environment, food systems, healthy living, and STEM.
- If you can’t find the project you’re looking for, use this handy guide to help you locate your desired project in one of these eight sections.
- Found a project that sounds interesting but don't really know what it is? Get a better idea of what a project is about and find some quick hands-on activities to do at home using Illinois 4-H Spark Sheets
- Project Selection Reference Price Guide
- Explore the “Pick Your Project Guide”: illinois.edu/4Hprojectguide
- Project Selection & Publication Order Form: list of project manuals by projects and LINKS to the publication downloads. To order publications use the following link: https://go.illinois.edu/pubsrequest
- Purchase project Books at Shop 4-H Mall > OTHER > State Collections > Illinois 4-H
- Illinois 4-H Project Resource page lists appropriate resources per project and download links if available.
- Cloverbud activities from Wisconsin
- Cloverbud curriculum Utah 4-H: https://extension.usu.edu/utah4h/discover
- 4-H AT HOME: https://4-h.org/about/4-h-at-home/
- Big book of Cloverbud activities:
- Curriculum available on from the 4-H mall or check with the Extension office: https://shop4-h.org/collections/curriculum
- The Big Book of 4-H Cloverbud Activities
- Exploring 4-H
- All About Pets
- All About Insects Bundle
- Create Your Own Marshmallow Rocket
- Educational Farm Bingo Game
- See the Family Enrollment Guide for instructions.
- Link to enroll: http://v2.4honline.com
- Youth and volunteers need to sign a form to participate in 4-H and Extension activities. This is only required to be signed one time in the 4-H career. The form must be signed by youth and parent and the names must be printed/signed by hand. Lifetime Risk Form
End of Year Resources
End of Year Resources:
- Treasurer Book
- Annual Financial Statement
- Long Term Spending Plan
- Indication of Financial Activity
- 4-H Dissolution Clause – For clubs disbanding
How to make a pdf on your phone from a photo:
- Volunteer Packet: Apply to be a McHenry County 4-H volunteer
- IL State Volunteer Resources
- Required Child Protection Training: Each volunteer must complete the University of Illinois Child Protection Training.
- Recommended Trainings: We also encourage volunteers to view these additional trainings. These may be completed any time you have an extra few minutes and want to learn more about your volunteer role.