McHenry County 4-H Show Information
Show Dates 2023
4-H Judging Dates: Dates subject to change
July 11-12: Archery -Demonstration Judging
July 13: Air Rifle -Demonstration Judging
July 15: Dog Fun show
July 29: 4-H Dog show
July 20: General Project Judging - Computer Technologies, Robotics, Video - Extension Office
July 21 AM: General Project Judging - Sewing, Shopping, Interior Design, Photography, Individual & Group Cloverbud Projects - Bldg D
July 21 AM: General Project Judging - Visual Arts - 4-H Bldg
July 21 PM: General Project Judging - Animal/Vet Science, Cat & Small Pet show Civic Engagement & Service Learning, College & Career Readiness, Communications, Consumer Education, Leadership, Child Development, Family Heritage, Health, Intercultural, Theatre arts - 4-H Bldg
July 22 AM: General Project Judging - ALL Natural Res. & Environment Projects, Shooting Sports displays, ALL Engineering & Technologies: Aerospace, Woodworking, Tractor, Small Engines, Bicycle, Electricity, Welding, Maker - 4-H Bldg
July 23: Rabbit Show
July 31 AM: General Project Judging - Food & Nutrition: Cooking, Food Science, Sports Nutrition; Horticulture & Floriculture; Crops, Plants & Soils; Exploratory, Collections, County projects: Lego, model, reading, sports, conservation/environment
July 31: Livestock check-in begins
Aug 1-6 – McHenry County Fair
Aug 1: Goat, Poultry, Swine Carcass Class
Aug 2: Dairy, Sheep, Swine Showmanship
Aug 3: Beef, Beef Carcass, Swine
Aug 3: 4-H Night
Aug 4: Horse show
Aug 5: Livestock Auction
Aug 6: Master Showman Competition
State Fair County Date: Aug 12 - See IL state website for more information
4-H Show Resources
- McHenry County 4-H 2023 Fairbook
- McHenry County 4-H Fair Entry Link: Direct link to Fair Entry
- Family Instructions to Enroll in Exhibits: Step by step directions for enrolling projects on FairEntry.
- Schedule of Events for 2023 Fair
- 4-H Fair Checklist
- 2023 Fair FAQs
- 4-H Building Monitor sign up
- FoodStand Sign-up
- Grand Stand Sign-up
- CODE OF CONDUCT – Please go over this and explain to your members and families that they agreed to the behavioral guidelines when they signed up in 4HOnline. Leaders will not have to collect signed forms.
- Absentee Form
- State Fair date – Friday, August 12 – See State Fair info on Illinois 4-H Website
- McHenry County 4-H Fairbook:
- Illinois 4-H Project Resources, descriptions, judging sheets: https://4h.extension.illinois.edu/members/projects
- Conference judging training: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/4hjudging/course/
- Example videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF90EF816D00F33B2
General Project Information
- 2023 McHenry County 4-H General Project Exhibit Guidelines Judging dates are July 21, 22 (most projects) & July 31 (food, horticulture, crops).
- Illinois 4-H Project information: including show guidelines, resources, judging sheets and more!
- McHenry County 4-H Project Report: Required for absentee projects ONLY.
- Photography Tip Sheet: Finding your photo's metadata.
- Photography Model Release
- Cooking 101, 201, 301, 401 Curriculum: Foods exhibits in Cooking 101,201,301, & 401 do NOT need the activity mentioned in the original exhibit guidelines.
- Cat Entry Sheet due July 1 for Cat Show
- More project resources
- Cloverbud Project Report: Suggested for all Cloverbud projects
- Cloverbud Group Project Report: Suggested
- Cloverbud curriculum Utah 4-H: https://extension.usu.edu/utah4h/discover
- 4-H AT HOME: https://4-h.org/about/4-h-at-home/
- Big book of Cloverbud activities:
- Curriculum available on from the 4-H mall or check with the Extension office: https://shop4-h.org/collections/curriculum
Livestock Show Information
- 2023 Livestock Showbook ALL livestock shows are pending approval and these guidelines are NOT final! This is a preliminary copy for general livestock information ONLY to help you plan your potential livestock entries.
- 2023 Livestock Ownership Deadlines McHenry County will observe all Birth & Ownership dates set by the state, Tattoo & Weigh-in dates for Beef & Sheep.
- YQCA – Required for Beef, Dairy, Goats, Sheep & Swine.
- Youth must register to attend a face-to-face class or certify on-line on the YQCA website: https://yqcaprogram.org/
- Deadline July 1
- QAEC – Required for companion animals one time in a 4-H members career for each project area participating.
- Includes: Cats, Dogs, Horse, Poultry, Rabbit, Small Pet
- Open NOW: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/qaec/
- Deadline July 1
- Illinois 4-H Livestock Issues: State and Federal laws dictate the production and exhibition of livestock. Know what's required of you as an Illinois 4-H livestock producer and exhibitor.
- 4-H LIVESTOCK AUCTION: For questions, please contact the Livestock Committee.
- 2023 Auction Card