Show Dates 2021
Fair Dates: Dates subject to change
July 10 – Dog Fun show
July 17 – 4-H Dog show
July 23 am – Sewing & Cloverbuds in Bldg D
July 23 am – Visual Arts
July 23 pm - Photography, Interior Design in Bldg D
July 23 pm - General Project judging - 4-H building
July 24 am - Computer & Technologies – Extension office
July 24 am – General Project judging – 4-H building
July 25 – Rabbit Show
Aug 2 am – Foods, Horticulture, Crops
Aug 2 – Livestock check-in begins
Aug 3-8 – McHenry County Fair
Aug 3 - Poultry
Aug 4 – Dairy, Sheep, Goat
Aug 5 – Beef, Swine
Aug 5 – 4-H Night
Aug 6 – Horse show
Aug 7 – Livestock Auction
Aug 8 – Master Showman Competition
State Fair County Date: August 15 - See IL state website for more information
4-H Show Resources
- McHenry County 4-H 2021 Fairbook
- McHenry County 4-H Fair Entry Link: Direct link to Fair Entry
- Family Instructions to Enroll in Exhibits: Step by step directions for enrolling projects on FairEntry.
- Schedule of Events for 2021 Fair
- 4-H Fair Checklist
General Project Information
- 2021 McHenry County 4-H General Project Exhibit Guidelines Judging dates are tentatively scheduled for June 23, 24 (most projects) & Aug 3 (food, horticulture, crops)
While we may not have all the show details approved as of yet, we would like for you have the project exhibit guidelines before April 30, which is the last day to add projects to exhibit at fair.
- Illinois 4-H Project information: including show guidelines, resources, judging sheets and more!
- McHenry County 4-H Project Report: Required for absentee projects ONLY.
- Photography Tip Sheet: Finding your photo's metadata.
- Photography Model Release
- Cooking 101, 201, 301, 401 Curriculum: Foods exhibits in Cooking 101,201,301, & 401 do NOT need the activity mentioned in the original exhibit guidelines.
- Cat Entry Sheet due July 1 for Cat Show
- Cloverbud BOX: Group projects can be uploaded here.
- Cloverbud Project Report: Required for all Cloverbud projects
- Cloverbud Group Project Report
- Cloverbud lessons ND 4-H https://www.ndsu.edu/4h/parents/cloverbuds/lessons/
- Cloverbud curriculum Utah 4-H: https://extension.usu.edu/utah4h/discover
- 4-H AT HOME: https://4-h.org/about/4-h-at-home/
- Big book of Cloverbud activities:
- Curriculum available on from the 4-H mall or check with the Extension office: https://shop4-h.org/collections/curriculum
Livestock Show Information
- 2021 Livestock Showbook : PRELIMINARY- ALL livestock shows are pending approval and these guidelines are NOT final! This is a preliminary copy for general livestock information ONLY to help you plan your potential livestock entries.
- Horse Lease/Ownership Form
- 2021 Livestock Ownership Deadlines McHenry County will observe all Birth & Ownership dates set by the state, as well as, Tattoo & Weigh-in dates for Beef & Sheep.
- YQCA – Required for Beef, Dairy, Goats, Sheep & Swine.
- In person training will be offered mid-JUNE. 2-3 training planned to be offered. Dates TBD
- Online training for certification will open now -Youth MUST use 4-H Online login. PRINT certificate and email to email@example.com to be put on file
- We will NOT be offering a virtual training as this is strictly prohibited.
- Deadline July 1
- QAEC – Required for companion animals one time in a 4-H members career for each project area participating.
- Includes: Cats, Dogs, Horse, Poultry, Rabbit, Small Pet
- Open NOW: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/qaec/
- Deadline July 1
- Illinois 4-H Livestock Issues: State and Federal laws dictate the production and exhibition of livestock. Know what's required of you as an Illinois 4-H livestock producer and exhibitor.
- 4-H LIVESTOCK AUCTION: Volunteers on the Livestock Auction Committee are hard at work planning to offer a livestock auction this summer. While they have high expectations to move forward, the following is a message from the committee, "All NON-auction animals will need to either be sent to market or home."