McHenry County 4-H Show Information
Show Dates 2022
Fair Dates: Dates subject to change
July 12-13: Archery -Demonstration Judging
July 14: Air Rifle -Demonstration Judging
July 15: Dog Fun show
July 30: 4-H Dog show
July 21: General Project Judging - Computer Technologies, Robotics, Video - Extension Office
July 22 AM: General Project Judging - Sewing,Shopping, Interior Design, Photography, Individual & Group Cloverbud Projects - Bldg D
July 22 AM: General Project Judging - Visual Arts - 4-H Bldg
July 22 PM: General Project Judging - Animal/Vet Science, Cat & Small Pet show Civic Engagement & Service Learning, College & Career Readiness, Communications, Consumer Education, Leadership, Child Development, Family Heritage, Health, Intercultural, Theatre arts - 4-H Bldg
July 23 AM: General Project Judging - ALL Natural Res. & Environment Projects, Shooting Sports displays, ALL Engineering & Technologies: Aerospace, Woodworking, Tractor, Small Engines, Bicycle, Electricity, Welding, Maker - 4-H Bldg
July 24: Rabbit Show
Aug 1 AM: General Project Judging - Food & Nutrition: Cooking, Food Science, Sports Nutrition; Horticulture & Floriculture; Crops, Plants & Soils; Exploratory, Collections, County projects: Lego, model, reading, sports, conservation/environment
Aug 1: Livestock check-in begins
Aug 2-7 – McHenry County Fair
Aug 2: Poultry, Swine Carcass Class
Aug 3: Dairy, Sheep, Goat
Aug 4: Beef, Swine
Aug 4: 4-H Night
Aug 5: Horse show
Aug 6: Livestock Auction
Aug 7: Master Showman Competition
State Fair County Date: TBD - See IL state website for more information
4-H Show Resources
- McHenry County 4-H 2022 Fairbook
- McHenry County 4-H Fair Entry Link: Direct link to Fair Entry
- Family Instructions to Enroll in Exhibits: Step by step directions for enrolling projects on FairEntry.
- Schedule of Events for 2022 Fair
- 4-H Fair Checklist
- 2022 Fair FAQs
- 4-H Building Monitor sign up
- FoodStand Sign-up
- Grand Stand Sign-up
- CODE OF CONDUCT – Please go over this and explain to your members and families that they agreed to the behavioral guidelines when they signed up in 4HOnline. Leaders will not have to collect signed forms.
- Absentee Form
- State Fair date – Friday, August 12 – See State Fair info on Illinois 4-H Website
- McHenry County 4-H Fairbook:
- Illinois 4-H Project Resources, descriptions, judging sheets: https://4h.extension.illinois.edu/members/projects
- Conference judging training: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/4hjudging/course/
- Example videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF90EF816D00F33B2
General Project Information
- 2022 McHenry County 4-H General Project Exhibit Guidelines Judging dates are tentatively scheduled for July 22, 23 (most projects) & Aug 1 (food, horticulture, crops).
- Illinois 4-H Project information: including show guidelines, resources, judging sheets and more!
- McHenry County 4-H Project Report: Required for absentee projects ONLY.
- Photography Tip Sheet: Finding your photo's metadata.
- Photography Model Release
- Cooking 101, 201, 301, 401 Curriculum: Foods exhibits in Cooking 101,201,301, & 401 do NOT need the activity mentioned in the original exhibit guidelines.
- Cat Entry Sheet due July 1 for Cat Show
- More project resources
- Cloverbud BOX: Group projects can be uploaded here.
- Cloverbud Project Report: Required for all Cloverbud projects
- Cloverbud Group Project Report
- Cloverbud lessons ND 4-H https://www.ndsu.edu/4h/parents/cloverbuds/lessons/
- Cloverbud curriculum Utah 4-H: https://extension.usu.edu/utah4h/discover
- 4-H AT HOME: https://4-h.org/about/4-h-at-home/
- Big book of Cloverbud activities:
- Curriculum available on from the 4-H mall or check with the Extension office: https://shop4-h.org/collections/curriculum
Livestock Show Information
- 2022 Livestock Showbook : PRELIMINARY- ALL livestock shows are pending approval and these guidelines are NOT final! This is a preliminary copy for general livestock information ONLY to help you plan your potential livestock entries.
- Horse Lease/Ownership Form
- 2021 Livestock Ownership Deadlines McHenry County will observe all Birth & Ownership dates set by the state, as well as, Tattoo & Weigh-in dates for Beef & Sheep.
- YQCA – Required for Beef, Dairy, Goats, Sheep & Swine.
- In person training will be offered May 23. 2-3 training planned to be offered.
- Youth must register to attend a face-to-face class or certify on-line on the NEW website: https://yqcaprogram.org/
- Online training for certification will open now -Youth MUST use 4-H Online login. PRINT certificate and email to email@example.com to be put on file
- We will NOT be offering a virtual training as this is strictly prohibited.
- Deadline July 1
- QAEC – Required for companion animals one time in a 4-H members career for each project area participating.
- Includes: Cats, Dogs, Horse, Poultry, Rabbit, Small Pet
- Open NOW: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/qaec/
- Deadline July 1
- Illinois 4-H Livestock Issues: State and Federal laws dictate the production and exhibition of livestock. Know what's required of you as an Illinois 4-H livestock producer and exhibitor.
- 4-H LIVESTOCK AUCTION: For questions, please contact the Livestock Committee.