You've worked hard your whole life.
Farming is in your blood. Don't let challenges keep you from doing what you love. Illinois AgrAbility offers education and assistance to eliminate barriers, accommodate limitations, and help you continue farming.
- Customized, onsite farm assessments
- Effective solutions and safe modifications
- Educational opportunities and resources
We know you aren't one to ask for help.
Life changes with age, but that doesn't mean you have to quit farming. The average age of farmers in Illinois is 58, so many of your neighbors could also benefit from our life-changing services. Don't let your pride keep you from finding out how we can help.
Helping farmers maintain their independence
- Serving farmers, veterans, and farmworkers with disabilities or chronic diseases
- Free and customized onsite farm assessments to identify barriers
- Recommendations for safe equipment, work practices, and solutions to overcome limitations
- Provide educational opportunities and resources surrounding ag health and safety.
Don't let life slow you down now.
For many individuals, the presence of a disability or chronic health condition can jeopardize their agricultural futures. Yet, with some assistance, agricultural producers and workers with disabilities can safely and effectively continue to earn their livelihoods in production agriculture and participate fully in rural community life.
“The assistance from Illinois AgrAbility has provided me with the items I needed in order to continue with my preferred life.”— Jerry, Mason County Farmer
Enhancing the quality of life for farmers, veterans, and other agricultural workers with limitations, so that they, their families, and their communities continue to succeed in rural America.
In partnership with University of Illinois Extension
Illinois AgrAbility Program
The University of Illinois
1304 W. Pennsylvania Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801