Where: McCully Heritage Project – 1 mile south of Kampsville, Illinois
592 Crawford Creek Road, Kampsville, Illinois
(Crawford Creek Road is 1 mile south of Kampsville on IL Rte 100. Look for McCully Heritage Project
sign and travel ½ mile on Crawford Creek Rd to the event.)
When: Saturday, October 2, 2021
9:00 am to 3:00 pm (registration at 9:00 am)
Morning and Afternoon Activities:
- Shiitake mushroom production demonstration – Michelle Berg Vogel
- Tree Identification walks – Mary Grapperhaus, Illinois Tree Farm System
- Woodland plant management: Ginseng – Paul Deizman, State Forester, Illinois DNR
- Timber Stand Improvement / Timber Management – Jim Adams, MHP
- Forest Pests and Management – Chris Evans, Extension Forester, University of Illinois
- Portable Sawmill Demonstrations
- Bluebird house building and other activities for kids
- Educational displays and organizations
- Opportunities to meet with Conservation Professionals
- Self-guided tours of wetland, creek, longer walks along trails (maps provided)
Event is FREE to attend. Lunch will be available for purchase.
This is an outdoor event and will be held rain or shine. Dress for the weather.
For more information contact Michelle at the McCully Heritage Project
at email@example.com or 618-653-4687
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate, please contact the event coordinator as soon as possible.