In 4-H, you learn by doing and you usually have a pretty great time while you're doing it! Want to know more about what your 4-H experience might look like?
- Create and build things. Whether you're inspired by robots and drones or photography and recipe cards, our programs give you the tools and the opportunities to create, imagine, and build.
- Travel and see the world around you. In 4-H, you can travel across the state and around the world if that's what you're in to. Dream big and discover the world through our programs.
- Explore careers that interest you. In 4-H, career exploration is more than just reading about possible jobs, it involves rolling up your sleeves and trying it on for size.
- Make new friends. From clubs to camps to field trips, in 4-H you'll meet new people and experience new social and cultural events. It's pretty easy to form lasting friendships when they're based on shared interests and experiences.
- Teach and inspire kids. 4-H helps prepare youth for roles as leaders in their classrooms, communities, and future careers. We'll help you develop the skills you need to work with youth in your community and help them launch their own 4-H journey.
- Help others. A core aspect of 4-H is learning to serve with and for those around us. 4-H clubs create opportunities for members to find meaningful ways to impact the people and neighborhoods they live in.
- Meet cool people and earn cool prizes. Who wouldn't love the chance to meet and learn from some of the best athletes, actors, scientists, and artists in their fields? Our network of professional contacts is deep and wide - you never know who might show up at a 4-H event!
4-H is a place where you can find where you belong. It's where you decide what matters to you and learn about things that interest you. And, it's the place where you serve in the community where you live.
Illinois 4-H Transitions to Virtual 4-H Shows for Summer 2020
University of Illinois Extension continues to follow the guidance of the Illinois Department of Public Health and the University of Illinois to ensure the health and safety of staff, volunteers, and program participants. Illinois 4-H has not cancelled any 4-H shows or exhibits but will transition these events to our online platform, FairEntry, when necessary to provide our 4-H members an opportunity to participate in an evaluation experience with an expert judge in their project area. Check out FAQs as well as instructions on submitting fair photos and videos for FairEntry. We also have a tip sheet to help you plan for your online judging experience.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Interested in learning more about 4-H but not sure where to start? Complete this interest survey to find the 4-H group that's just right for you. If you're already a member, you'll find everything you're looking for in the links below.
County 4-H Programs
Check Out These Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
Livestock Quiz Bowl